Position: Account Sales Specialists, Colorants Business Unit – Mid West Area and New Jersey Area
Business Unit Description: UMC is the industry leader in special effects pigments. UMC offers customers a complete line of organic, daylight fluorescent, phosphorescent, thermochromic, photochromic, UV security and pearlescent pigments.
- As an Account Sales Specialist for United Mineral & Chemical, Corp., you will be responsible for all corporate accounts assigned in a geographic area.
- Grow profitably United Mineral & Chemical, Corp. market share at existing corporate accounts using consultative selling process.
- Enhance United Mineral & Chemical, Corp. position within each corporate account using consultative, value selling at all levels within the account
- Create and execute on short, medium, and long-term customer growth strategies
- Negotiate pricing, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations
- Responsible for coordinating at all levels within UMC including senior leadership, local sales, purchasing and operations to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Attend industry trade shows.
• Bachelor’s degree, Concentration in business or chemistry is a plus or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years field sales experience
• Wide knowledge and sales experience in the ink, plastic, or coatings industries.
• A strong track record of driving growth by developing and executing strategic initiatives within a customer base.
• Strong presentational skills and experience in making “formal presentations” to groups at all levels within an organization.
• Assist in sales forecasts, ability to create detailed customer visit reports and follow up on previous visits and communications.
• Strong skills in team building, coaching, and collaboration with all levels of the organization
• High level of decision-making ability, balancing customer needs, and company objectives
• Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant objectives
• Confident in learning, understanding, and using a consultative, value selling approach
• Knowledge of and relationships with key suppliers.
• Travel throughout the mid-west is required (25 to 40% of the time).
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM.
• Ability to analyze significant amounts of information and identify opportunities within customer and economic trends4
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
One candidate is based remotely in the mid-west and will have responsibility to develop new opportunities while maintaining existing sales. The second candidate will be based in-office (Lyndhurst, NJ) and will have responsibility to develop new opportunities while maintaining existing sales. Both candidates must have the ability to understand and become knowledgeable with the Colorants Business Unit products as well as aligned UMC products from other business units. Keep excellent records of all correspondence with customers and colleagues. Be a self-starter, team player and have a “hunter” mentality looking for opportunities.
Our current customer base is mainly in the plastics, ink and paint/coating industries and is quite extensive. Our suppliers are based in various countries in both Asia and the EU. The account sales specialist will have full responsibility for maintaining existing and growing supplier relationships while searching for any new opportunities.
For additional information about our company, please visit our website www.umccorp.com
ICD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.